Contract Type: Full Time/Limited Term
Advert Start Date: 09 June, 2017
Advert End Date: 26 June, 2017
Salary: £22,658 - £24,964 (NJC 25-28) per year pro rata starting at the bottom of the scale
Location: Please refer to job summary
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Job Category: Non-Local Authority Job
Vacancy Ref: NLA/1625/Volunteer Co-ordinator/722/KH
11625 Independent People
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 26 June 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 5 July 2017
1625 Independent People prevents youth homelessness in the South West and has been helping 16-25 year olds reboot their lives through housing and support for over 30 years.
Our service works because we keep young people's needs at the centre of all delivery.
With around 100 staff in four locations, we provide housing support and advice to around 2500 young people per year. We’re one of the brightest youth organisations in the South West, leaders in our field; no other organisation in the area has the same wealth of experience.
You can read more about what we do and who we are.
About the job
(Please read the full job description for more detail)
Terms, conditions and benefits:
• Pay: £22,658 to £24,964 (NJC 25-28) per year pro rata starting at the bottom of the scale
• Contract type: Permanent
• This is a full time post, 37.5 hours per week
• 30 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
• Free Health Scheme with UK Healthcare
• Pension - Employer contributes 4% and employees contribute a minimum of 0.8%, (see Summ of T&Cs below)
• There is a requirement to work flexibly as required, which will include occasional evening and weekend work.
• You may need to travel around Bristol so you must have either a full driving licence and access to a vehicle or the equivalent ability to travel with reasonable adjustments. There may be an option to use our fleet vehicles.
You’ll be working in the Participation and Learning (PaL) team based in our head office on Old Market and line managed by the PaL Team Manager.
The Participation and Learning team cover several areas of work and multiple projects.
For us, Participation means ensuring our service users are actively involved in the design and delivery of our services. It also relates to the involvement of the wider community in our organisation. With this in mind, we have several volunteering schemes across the charity.
The Volunteer Coordinator helps to streamline and improve these programmes, ensuring that we provide appropriate support for our volunteers, as well as leading a specific Community Mentoring project.
The PaL team are very supportive of each other and through reflective practice we are always learning from our own and each other’s experiences.
Our work is rooted in providing support in a Psychologically Informed Environment framework known as PIE.
No two days will be the same but a typical day might include:
• Providing support to volunteer mentors - this could be face to face, telephone or email supervision and support.
• Recruiting and training volunteers.
• Liaising with other staff supporting volunteers to promote good practice.
You have empathy and understanding of the needs of homeless young people, young people leaving care and the barriers they face. You like being around and working with young people.
You have excellent organisational skills to oversee the HR processes around the recruitment, training and support of volunteers.
You have excellent communication and training skills to liaise with managers to develop volunteering opportunities and to induct and train volunteers appropriately.
You have experience of providing support and supervision to volunteers or paid staff.
You also have experience of delivering engaging training or presentations.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 26 June 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 7 July 2017
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone – you can read our full statement on our website.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about the role please contact Melanie Lavin, Participation and Learning Manager, on email@example.com or 0117 317 8800.
Download the documents in the Job Pack at www.1625ip.co.uk/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org 0117 317 8800.
NOTE: This is not a Local Authority post and applicants will need to satisfy themselves with regard to condition of service.