Contract Type: Part Time/Limited Term
Advert Start Date: 12 June, 2017
Advert End Date: 30 June, 2017
Salary: £20,661 - £23,398 per annum
Location: Please refer to advertisement
Weekly Hours: 22.5
Job Category: Non-Local Authority Job
Vacancy Ref: NLA/Avon Fire & Rescue/723/KH
Local Resilience Forum Support Co-ordinator
Based at: Portishead/Nailsea
Contract: Temporary (1 year contract)
Hours: Part Time (22.5 hours over 3 days)
Salary: £20,661-£23,398 per annum (pro-rata for part time hours)
Closing date: 30 June 2017 at 5pm
Avon Fire & Rescue Service is recruiting on behalf of the Local Resilience Forum. The Avon and Somerset Local Resilience Forum (ASLRF) covers the Avon and Somerset Police area and is one of approximately 40 LRFs in England and Wales. The primary role is to support the principle of inter-agency cooperation set out within the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 through the identification and mitigation of risks and threats. This includes training, exercises, planning and support for the strategic and tactical responses to an emergency within the ASLRF area. It consists of a number of partners including: Police, Fire, Ambulance, Local Authorities, health organisations, Environment Agency, Maritime, Coastguard Agency, utility and transport providers.
ASLRF is led by a strategic-level group of partners (the Executive Group) and a tactical management team (the Business Management Group). They, and the wider work of ASLRF, are supported by the ASLRF Programme Coordinator.
This is a new post and will play a crucial role in creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum for the work of the ASLRF. You will receive direction and supervision from the Programme Co-ordinator and will support them in the programme and project management of the LRF. You will require strong communication skills and the ability to engage and negotiate with a number of diverse agencies and organisations. The role will involve conducting research on risks and developments within the Civil Contingencies Act and UK Capabilities Programme to ensure the work of ASLRF supports the national requirements. You will be responsible for arranging and attending meetings, conferences and training exercises. In addition, you will maintain information on a number of IT systems and deal with queries from a range of partner agencies and the public. The role involves some travel for which expenses will be paid.
The role will be based at Avon Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters in Portishead or at our Nailsea Fire Station. Our Headquarters is currently based in Central Bristol but will relocate to Portishead on 18th September 2017.
Qualifications and experience
• Well-developed experience in project/programme management, including organising and managing work programmes involving multiple staff who are not in your direct control
• The post requires a high degree of personal initiative in reaching decisions and resolving issues and the successful post-holder will be expected to demonstrate occasions where they have been required to use their personal initiative in such circumstances.
• An understanding, or clear willingness and capability to acquire this understanding, of the Civil Contingencies Act (CCA) 2004 and the primary requirements placed on responders and Local Resilience Forums in the supporting guidance to the CCA – “Emergency Preparedness” and “Emergency Response and Recovery”.
• IT literate with familiarity of Microsoft products
• Politically sensitive and astute.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills, able to work effectively with a network of staff from different organisations.
• Able to plan and prioritise own workload and manage time effectively to meet targets and deadlines
• Hold a current driving licence
• Organisational and problem solving skills
• A detailed knowledge of UK national resilience arrangements and structures.
• Experience of working in a multi-agency or multi-stakeholder environment
Security and Vetting
You will be required to be security vetted to Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) level in order to access partner agency premises and access OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE documentation
How to apply:
The application form is available to download from our website www.avonfire.gov.uk. You may also attach a CV. Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources, Avon Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6EU by the closing date and time. Alternatively, you can email your application to email@example.com. Late applications will not be accepted.
This is not a local authority post and applicants will need to satisfy themselves with regard to conditions of service.