Contract Type: Part Time/Permanent
Advert Start Date: 11 October, 2017
Advert End Date: 29 October, 2017
Salary: £11,431.56 per annum
Location: Please refer to advertisement
Weekly Hours: 30 hours per week
Job Category: Catering
Vacancy Ref: D8405/741
£11,431.56 per annum for 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year working 6 hours per day to prepare and serve lunch.
Based at St Mary's Primary, Thornbury.
Based within Integra.
Integra is the trading arm of South Gloucestershire Council
Interviews to be held on Monday 6th November 2017
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Local government salary-related pension offered, together with other council benefits.
Do you have experience of working in catering? Do you have the skills required to run this school kitchen? Only want to work during term time, then this could be the role for you.
Be part of our catering team at Gillingstool where you will lead the team in providing healthy school lunches for the children. Integra has just been awarded the ‘Food for Life Served Here’ Silver award which indicates that at least 75% of food on the menu is freshly prepared from scratch on site.
We offer the opportunity for you to gain, build and develop your current supervisory and management skills. The ideal person for the position will have a great attitude to working in a team, experience of prepping, cooking and service of meals in addition to ordering of the food provided.
Requirements (Please ensure you detail evidence on your application form)
• Preparation of food, ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene.
• All food to be prepared in accordance with appropriate hygiene regulations and company policies.
• Services to be provided at the appropriate time and in accordance with agreed service level agreements.
• Ordering, accepting of deliveries and all kitchen paperwork.
• Communicate with the children as well as the school.
• Preparation and cleaning of all kitchen areas and managing the team to ensure required standards are met.
• Self-motivated, using own initiative, desire to learn and achieve. Ability to motivate others.
• Management of the kitchen to include all kitchen requirements including staff.