Contract Type: Part Time/Limited Term
Advert Start Date: 10 January, 2018
Advert End Date: 26 January, 2018
Salary: £7.83 per hour, £15,115.99 per annum pro rata to hours worked
Location: Yate (Badminton Road)
Weekly Hours: 30 hours per week, all year round.
Job Category: Catering
Vacancy Ref: D8920/801
Sandwich Delivery Driver – Council Offices, Badminton Road, Yate
Badminton Road Offices, Yate
30 hours per week, all year round. This is a limited term post until January 2019.
This post is based with Integra.
Integra is the trading arm of South Gloucestershire Council
This is an all year round, limited term post until January 2019 with an approximate annual abated salary of £15,115.99 pro rata to hours and weeks worked.
This role is a grade Hay-14A
A full driving licence is essential for this post
30 hours per week, 6 hours per day (by prior agreement, some overtime may be required from time to time due to operational needs)
Local government salary-related pension offered, together with other council benefits.
About the role:
We are looking for a committed individual to join the catering team to assist in the kitchen as required in the preparation of sandwiches, salads and snacks items and distribute and sale of same to council staff at office locations within South Gloucestershire. We are looking for someone who uses their initiative, is a problem solver, takes pride in their work and is happy in a fast paced working environment. You will be expected to undertake any other duties associated with the grade of this post.
• To assist with preparing and packaging sandwiches, salads and confectionary items and beverages for Kingswood Civic Centre
• Produce products in line with demand and expected standards
• To assist, when required, in the preparation of food for function buffets.
• Using a council vehicle you will transport food and beverages to Kingswood Civic Centre for sale to the buildings occupants.
• Deliver, set up and replenish any functions
• To be responsible for the collection and safe keeping of cash resulting from the sale of such stock.
• You will be accountable to the Area Manager for the reconciliation of cash collected against the stock taken for delivery each day
• Be responsible for the filling, cleaning and cash collection of the vending machine at Kingswood Civic Centre
• To assist the team in a cheerful and friendly manner
• To actively partake in daily cleaning duties and complete cleaning schedules
• High standard cleanliness/hygiene
• Experience of exceptional customer service and dealing with customers
Please ensure that you provide detailed evidence of your experience or ability to satisfy the requirements on your application form. This information is required so your application can be assessed and will hopefully allow you to move forward in the recruitment process.
This vacancy closes on 26/01/2018
Interview date to be the afternoon of Wednesday 7th February 2018.
Interviews to be held at Badminton Road Offices, Yate
Vacancy Ref: D8920/801