Contract Type: Part Time/Permanent
Advert Start Date: 10 January, 2018
Advert End Date: 23 January, 2018
Salary: £7.83 per hour, £15,115.99 per annum pro rata to hours worked.
Location: Yate (Badminton Road)
Weekly Hours: 35 hours per week, all year round.
Job Category: Catering
Vacancy Ref: D8894/801
Catering Assistant – Council Offices, Badminton Road, Yate
Badminton Road Offices, Yate.
35 hours per week, all year round.
This post is based within Integra.
Integra is the trading arm of South Gloucestershire Council
This is an all year round post with an approximate abated annual salary of £15,115.99 pro rata to hours worked.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Local government salary-related pension offered, together with other council benefits.
There is no on-site parking
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join the catering team at our flagship venue to assist in the kitchen, restaurant and coffee bar. We are looking for someone who uses their initiative, takes pride in their work and is happy in a fast paced working environment. You will also be expected to undertake any other duties associated with the day to day running of a high production multifunctional kitchen.
• Preparation of salad bar.
• Preparation of sandwiches and functions.
• Day to day running of individual sections to produce products in line with demand and expected standards.
• To assist the team with the setting up and delivery of restaurant and coffee bar service in a cheerful, professional manner.
• To assist colleagues as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of all services.
• Operate tills efficiently.
• To assist with close down of service and all related tasks.
• To actively partake in daily cleaning duties and complete cleaning schedules.
• To assist the Kitchen Unit Managers in any task associated with catering to ensure delivery of service.
• To communicate with colleagues and customers in a polite and friendly manner.
• To carry out other duties as required to commensurate with the grade of the post.
• High standard of cleanliness/hygiene.
• Experience of working in a food preparation environment.
• Experience of exceptional customer service and dealing with customers
Please ensure that you provide detailed evidence of your experience or ability to satisfy the requirements on your application form. This information is required so your application can be assessed and will hopefully allow you to move forward in the recruitment process.
This vacancy closes on 23/01/2018
Interview date to be on the afternoon of Tuesday 6th February 2018.
Interviews will be held at Badminton Road Offices, Yate.
Previous applicants need not apply.