Contract Type: Part Time/Permanent
Advert Start Date: 08 January, 2018
Advert End Date: 21 January, 2018
Salary: £8.19 per hour, £4,060 per annum
Location: Please refer to job summary
Weekly Hours: 10 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 25 days holiday clean.
Job Category: Cleaning/Caretaking/Street Cleansing
Vacancy Ref: EC579/801
Cleaning Supervisor – Christ Church Primary, Hanham
• 10 hours per week, 15:45 to 17:45, Term Time Only plus 25 days holiday cleaning.
Based within Integra - Integra is the trading arm of South Gloucestershire Council
Under the direction of the Area Cleaning Supervisor to undertake the supervision of, and work as part of, a cleaning team at a specified location(s) ensuring that cleaning is carried out to the standard and quality of the specification for the work as determined by Integra Cleaning.
This post has a starting hourly rate of £8.19, Term Time Only (39 weeks per annum) plus 25 days holiday cleaning. The approximate starting annual salary is £4,060.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Local government salary-related pension offered, together with other council benefits.
About the role
• To supervise all cleaning staff on site on a day to day basis.
• To carry out training and instruction of cleaning tasks and to support with on going training plans for cleaning staff.
• To assist in carrying out all cleaning tasks set out in the cleaning schedules prepared by Integra Cleaning.
• In conjunction with the Area Cleaning Supervisor, to plan work rotas including making provision for staff cover in the event of absences (e.g. holiday leave, sickness etc.)
• To order cleaning supplies and consumables and maintain such supplies at an appropriate level to ensure correct service delivery.
• To use all cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with the instructions and procedures determined by Integra Cleaning.
• To report the breakdown of any cleaning equipment or any perceived hazards in the workplace to the Area Cleaning Supervisor.
• To complete all appropriate records/documentation required by Integra Cleaning.
• To observe all safety and security regulations.
• To work to and abide by the written policies, procedures and work instructions as laid down within the division’s quality systems.
• To communicate with all customers in a polite and friendly manner.
• To carry out any other tasks, as directed by the Area Cleaning Supervisor, appropriate to the grade of the post.
Please ensure that you provide detailed evidence of your experience or ability to satisfy the requirements on your application form.
Interviews date will be Friday 26th January 2018.