Contract Type: Term Time Only
Advert Start Date: 09 February, 2018
Advert End Date: 28 February, 2018
Salary: £8.68 per hour, £13,336 per annum.
Location: Please refer to job summary
Weekly Hours: 35 hours per week, term time only.
Job Category: Catering
Vacancy Ref: D8240/806
Kitchen Unit Manager – Park Primary School, Kingswood
• Park Primary School, Kingswood – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Do you have experience of working in catering? Do you have the skills required to run this school kitchen? Only want to work during term time? Then this could be the role for you.
Be part of our catering team at Park Primary School where you will lead the team in providing healthy school lunches for the children. Integra has just been awarded the ‘Food for Life Served Here’ Silver award which indicates that at least 75% of food on the menu is freshly prepared from scratch on site.
This post has a starting hourly rate of £8.68, working 35 hours per week, Term Time Only (39 weeks per annum). The approximate starting salary for this post is £13,336 per annum (before deductions).
Based with Integra – Integra is the trading arm of South Gloucestershire Council.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Local government salary-related pension offered, together with other council benefits. This can include various staff discounts, child care vouchers plus more – full details provided at interview.
About the Role
We offer the opportunity for you to gain, build and develop your current supervisory and management skills. The ideal person for the position will have a great attitude to working in a team, experience of prepping, cooking and service of meals in addition to ordering of the food provided.
Requirements (Please ensure you detail evidence on your application form)
• Preparation of food, ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene.
• All food to be prepared in accordance with appropriate hygiene regulations and company policies.
• Services to be provided at the appropriate time and in accordance with agreed service level agreements.
• Ordering, accepting of deliveries and all kitchen paperwork.
• Communicate with the children as well as the school.
• Preparation and cleaning of all kitchen areas and managing the team to ensure required standards are met.
• Self-motivated, using own initiative, desire to learn and achieve. Ability to motivate others.
• Management of the kitchen to include all kitchen requirements including staff.
This vacancy closes on 28/02/2018
Interviews will be held on Monday 12 March 2018